Broc & Cauli Pork Fried Wok
This is another one of my Eskort Editions recipes – been working on a winter recipe booklet with them (which you can download here: Eskort Heart Warmers Recipe Booklet) So over I will be posting all the healthy delicious recipes that we came up with!
This recipe is Asian inspired – and stems from my better-half’s love of fried rice. That eggy, asian, fried rice wok style meal is hard to mimic without the rice! BUT since the cauli-rice craze I thought – why not try! And it worked. Like a charm.
- 500 g Pork Belly
- 300 g broccoli pieces (florets)
- 300 g cauliflower pieces (florets)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced & chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 300 ml spring onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 30 ml coconut oil
- Pulse cauliflower and broccoli in a food processor until finely chopped. (Alternatively chop by hand into the smallest pieces you can manage).
- Add cauliflower and broccoli into a large bowl with 30 ml water, cover with a plate and microwave on high for 12 minutes.
- Cook the pork belly according to instructions. (Or drizzle in olive oil & roast in the oven at 180°C for 40 minutes). Keep remaining juices aside for later.
- Heat your wok or frying pan, add the remaining juices from the pork roast and fry the onion and garlic in it. After about 5 minutes add the pork and toss together.
- Drain any excess water from the cooked broccoli and cauliflower and add to the wok along with the coconut oil.
- Simmer for 2 - 5 minutes on high, then reduce the heat to medium.
- Make a well in the centre of your wok and add the cracked eggs. Stir only the eggs together at first and mix with the entire wok contents as soon as eggs start to harden. Simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the work from the heat and add spring onions. Squeeze both halves of lemon over the dish and mix everything together.