Chocolate frosted (paleo) honey cupcakes!
It is that crazy nutso, CRAY CRAY, hectic time of year again. There something about September/October… Everyone realises that offices are going to close in 3 months and January is around the corner so all the beginning of the year events need to be prepped for and planned; and all the end of year advertising needs to be wrapped up… And although it happens in all industries, I swear, in advertising it is the WORST. Maybe this is a prejudiced opinion.
Anyhoo. So it’s a busy time of year. That is my poor excuse for being so sparse in my posting ^_^
On another note – wanted to just say HEY! Whisking It has over 600 likes on Facebook! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO :) :) :) Can’t believe it! At the beginning of the year it was around 250. It’s SO amazing to see and super exciting for me. Little Whisking It is grrooowwwiiinnngggg! My plan of one day staying home in my pj’s and just cooking/eating (lots of eating) and blogging and eating (lots and lots of eating) all day may yet come to pass !!! Mwahahah. Ok ok it’s totally unlikely but a girl can dream. The day we get to 1000 I am DEFINITELY gonna do a promo/giveaway thingy to say THANKS so much for all the support!
So lets get down to business. Paleo Cupcakes. Have you ever? Well maybe you have but I doubt that you have on THIS LEVEL. These guys are so good that even my very non-paleo boyfriend scoffed them down without the usual long pause and then “it tastes okay for something paleo…”. Not even the bat of an eyelid.
- 3/4 cups coconut flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil (light tasting - I used half extra virgin olive oil and half avocado oil)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic / grass-fed butter OR vegan shortening for dairy free
- 4 tbs honey
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp stevia
- 2 tbs maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat eggs, oil and honey until light and well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Divide batter into 15 lined cupcake holes (or 12 large).
- Bake at 180° for 20 - 25 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy (or beat the shortening until smooth)
- Add half the cocoa, honey and maple syrup and beat until combined.
- Add the remaining half of the cocoa, vanilla and stevia and beat until combined.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes before icing.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled completely take out the frosting, pipe and enjoy! ^_^
- These cupcakes could be frozen, but keep for 5 - 6 days in the fridge!