Quinoa Beet & Russian Salad
I have the privilege of working with Eskort doing some food styling, photography, recipe testing & development as part of their bold, adventurous and uncomplicated cooking campaign! It’s really awesome experimenting and trying out all their different products. So here and there I will be posting some of the healthier recipe options on Whisking It! :)
This recipe uses the Eskort Russian Sausages, but you could easily swop them out for the Eskort mini frikkadels, bacon or any of their products really. This salad is super versatile – I have made it using chicken instead of Russians as well!
- 1 pack ESKORT Russians (or any of the sausage range)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 3 beetroot (peeled & chopped)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups fresh baby lettuce leaves
- 100gr feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 220° C
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add quinoa and cook until the water boils out. (15 - 20 minutes)
- Roast the beetroot in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Chop and fry the Russians, sprinkled with paprika in a pan with some olive oil
- Toss the quinoa, beetroot, feta, lettuce and Russians together.
- Serve warm or cold