Gluten Free Bacon & Parmesan Puffs
This is another one of my Eskort Editions recipes – been working on a winter recipe booklet with them (which you can download here: Eskort Heart Warmers Recipe Booklet) So I will be posting all the healthy delicious recipes that we came up with!
This recipe isn’t 100% healthy, it’s got some dairy in it – parmesan – and it is most definitely not a meal replacement. There are just days, so many days for me, when I want to eat EVERYTHING. Having a relatively healthy gluten-free snack on hand makes it easier to stay on track and not binge on Simba Fruit Chutney Chips or a KFC Crunch burger… not that THAT has ever happened… *Cough cough.
So this is a really nice picnic snack, or home snack, or work snack, or whatever snack idea.
- ESKORT Diced Bacon 200 g
- 120 ml milk (or coconut milk, or any non-dairy milk)
- 60 ml butter
- 5 ml salt
- 1.5 ml garlic powder
- 5 ml honey
- 2.5 ml cayenne pepper
- 30 ml chopped Peppadews
- 300 ml gluten-free flour
- 3 eggs
- 300 ml grated parmesan
- 30 ml chives, chopped
- 120 ml water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Fry the Bacon and set aside to cool.
- Bring milk, water and butter to a simmer in a pot and add spices.
- Sift the flour into the simmering pot and quickly stir together to form a dough. Keep the pot on the heat and keep stirring until the dough pulls away from the sides of the pot.
- Remove the pot from the heat and mix in the eggs. Knead & mix the mixture/dough with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Add the bacon, cheese, Peppadews and chives.
- Prepare a baking sheet with baking paper or non-stick spray and drop 2cm balls of dough onto the sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.