Paleo Christmas Lunch! Stuffed Pork Loin
Happy Holidays everyone! (I know it’s not holidays yet but I highly doubt I will get to post something again before I jet set off to Bali. Mmmhmmm you heard me! BALI. I am going on a s u m m e r h o l i d a y … yay! So that said, festive greetings are in order – and, if you are anything like me, you’ve already started planning your Christmas lunch anyway.
I am sadly not spending Christmas all together with my family or lots of friends, which is a pity because one of my favourite things about Christmas is making a mountain of food and eating together with a bunch of people that you love (like the NYC trip that Kyla and I took last December!) but I will undoubtably find an amazing place in Bali that serves amazing food and spend at least half the day eating ;)
So for those of you that HAVE started planning – this recipe is for you, and for those of you who haven’t – start planning and this recipe is also for you! I would suggest serving it with the Marinated Summer Greens and some classic Roast Potatoes.
This particular recipe is one of my Eskort partnerships, using their amazing products to make a really delicious dish. You can watch the video that we made and follow all the steps through that, or you can download/print the recipe below.
- 200 g ESKORT Diced Bacon, fried
- 1 kg fresh pork fillet or loin
- 80 g sundried tomatoes
- 350 g kale, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 15 ml olive oil
- 15 ml dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Fry onions in a dash of olive oil. Once translucent add the kale. Do not over cook - the kale is ready when it has just wilted, do not fry until it loses colour.
- Butterfly cut your fillet and spread the sundried tomatoes, bacon and kale evenly inside.
- Roll up the meat, skewer with a toothpick, and rub with olive oil and rosemary.
- Bake for 35 - 45 minutes, depending on the thickness of your pork cut.
- This makes quite a large amount - probably about 12 servings with a side. Maybe more if you have multiple dishes!