Paleo Coconut Flapjacks
So after being man-down-almost-dead-hating-life-sad-sorry-for-myself sick for 2 weeks I am finally re-entering the world of the living. I can breathe through my nose again and walk down (and almost up) the stairs without gasping for air. Being back, finally, I can start posting all the delicious recipes I kept promising!
This week it’s a delicious breakfast recipe or dessert – flapjacks! Next time I am definitely gonna try adding blueberries or chocolate chips :D
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbs honey
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Beat together the wet ingredients.
- Add the coconut flour. Mix till smooth.
- Add the salt, cream of tartar and baking soda.
- Mix until smooth but be careful not to over mix in this step - the baking soda needs to remain active!
- Pour half a ladle of mixture into a hot pan with coconut oil in it on medium heat.
- Flip once browned (mine did begin to bubble slightly - that is when I knew to flip, but if they don't bubble just check by lifting a corner with your spatula)
- Serve immediately while hot with some maple syrup or honey, cinnamon and crispy bacon!