Paleo Sweet Potato Pancakes
These are the perfect thing to make for a lazy Sunday morning when all you really want to do is stay home and turn your phone off! This is a relatively healthy version of actual pancakes, skip the honey/syrup if you don’t do added fructose/glucose and add whatever accoutrements you have in your cupboard. Happy tummy!
- 1 medium-large sweet potato
- Powdered Cinnamon to taste (approx 1tsp)
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs, 1 egg white (depending in the size of your sweet potato)
- Coconut oil
- 1. Cook the sweet potato until soft (either boil/steam/microwave), mash up or blend until smooth and allow to cool.
- 2. Mix the eggs together well and add to the cooled sweet potato mixture.
- 3. Add the bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and vanilla essence and mix well. * The mixture should be smooth, but not too runny.
- 4. Heat some coconut oil in a non-stick pan on medium-high and spoon the mixture into pancake shapes in the pan. Flatten the pancakes with a spatula so they are as flat as possible.
- 5. Cook until firm and cooked through (about 5-7minutes, depending on thickness).
- 6. Serve while warm with whatever you like! The ones I made below are served with honey, grilled pineapple and pumpkin seeds.