Sweet Potato & Carrot Soup
This is another one of my Eskort Editions recipes – been working on a winter recipe booklet with them (which you can download here: Eskort Heart Warmers Recipe Booklet) So I will be posting all the healthy delicious recipes that we came up with!
Winter = Soup time. End of story.
- ESKORT Streaky Bacon 200 g, chopped & fried to serve
- 1 kg sweet potatoes
- 500 g carrots
- 30 ml olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 5 ml salt
- 1.5 l chicken stock
- 120 ml coconut milk
- 30 ml honey
- fresh chives, chopped to serve
- Chop the sweet potatoes and carrots and roast at 220°C for 40 minutes.
- Bring the chicken stock to a simmer, add roasted veggies, rosemary and coconut milk.
- Simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Using a stick blender blend the soup in batches until smooth.
- Once blended bring back to a simmer, add salt and honey, simmer for 10 minutes. Add 1 or 2 cups of hot water if your soup is too thick.
- Serve with crispy Bacon and fresh chives.