Rainbow Summer Salad
** H A P P Y N E W Y E A R E V E R Y O N E **
December brought with it an endless list of things to complete before 2015 ends, some down time and beautiful longer summer days with friends and family.
If you are having people over and want a side salad to be a bit less boring than the usual green salad, try this rainbow salad. It’s got great fats, greens, and is low in carbohydrates. It’s suitable for raw vegans, Banters, people following paleo and is just darn good for you. Add whatever salad dressing you like: but good old olive oil and balsamic vinegar is always a good bet.
You can also check out this recipe in the December issue of the Wellness Warehouse magazine!
Eat the rainbow this summer!
- 1 Packet baby spinach
- Approximately 1/3 head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Beetroot (jullienne)
- 1 Apple, diced
- A mixture of cocktail tomatoes, rainbow tomatoes, rosa tomatoes, tomatinos (Approx 2-3 handfuls)
- A handful of walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 Thinly sliced radishes
- A handful of a variety of sprouts (mung bean, alfalfa etc)
- Rinse all your fruit and vegetable and pat dry.
- Lay a base of the baby spinach and the red cabbage.
- Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients over the base and mix together if you like.
- *Great with black sesame seeds sprinkled on top and a drizzle of olive oil + balsamic vinegar