Sausage & Root Veggie Breakfast Skillet
This is another one of my Eskort Editions recipes – been working on a winter recipe booklet with them (which you can download here: Eskort Heart Warmers Recipe Booklet) So over the next couple weeks I will post all the healthy delicious recipes that we came up with!
Soon – like very soon – we are also going to be uploading our first ever VLOGS! :) Eskort & Whisking It collaborated on turning some of our favourite winter recipes into videos! It’s been very experimental, little bit embarrassing, but lots of fun!
Anyway, today’s winter recipe is a breakfast skillet. I have made breakfast hash before but this one is SO tasty and SO good I had to post another hash/skillet recipe :)
- ½ pack of ESKORT Breakfast Sausages (chopped)
- ESKORT Diced Bacon 200g
- 3 small sweet potatoes, peeled
- 4 small beetroots, peeled
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 40 g rocket
- 80 ml spring onion, chopped
- Chop the sweet potatoes & beetroot into small pieces. Put into a small pot, cover with water and boil on high for 8 - 10 minutes until the pieces are soft.
- Fry the onion for 2 minutes. Add the Bacon and fry until crispy. Set aside.
- Fry the Breakfast Sausages until browned. Chop into pieces and set aside.
- Add all cooked ingredients together into the pan, add the sweet potatoes and beetroots and stir together.
- Create 4 openings for the eggs.
- Crack the eggs into the openings and fry until cooked