Slow Cooked Pork Ragu Over Creamy Polenta
This is another one of my Eskort Editions recipes – been working on a winter recipe booklet with them (which you can download here: Eskort Heart Warmers Recipe Booklet) So over the next couple weeks I will be posting all the healthy delicious recipes that we came up with!
This recipe is one of the ones I chose to turn into a vlog!!! EEP! So if I figure out how to add video – I will post it in here … This is one of my favourite recipes of all time. EVER. You can swop the pork for beef or lamb as well, and if you are a veggie, chickpeas or cottage cheese would also work!
MAKE THIS ONE. If you make any of my recipes at all ever, make this one. You can serve it with cauli-mash if you are paleo-ing or banting :)
- 500 g pork fillets
- 10 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 70 g tomato paste
- 200 ml red wine
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 10 ml thyme
- 10 ml rosemary
- 350 ml polenta
- 1.5 l water
- 60 ml Parmesan, grated
- 60 ml butter
- 100 ml fresh rocket / parsley (chopped, optional)
- Fry chopped pork fillets in olive oil until browned. Set aside.
- Brown the onions in olive oil in a large pan or pot and then add the tomato paste. Fry until the paste darkens (5 - 10 minutes).
- Add the wine, canned tomatoes and herbs.
- Add cooked pork to the pot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Reduce to a simmer, partially cover the pot with foil and leave for 90 minutes.
- While the Ragu is simmering, cook the polenta according to instructions.
- Remove the Ragu from the heat. (Stir in 250 ml water if the sauce has reduced too much).
- Serve with parmesan and freshly cut rocket/parsley over the cooked polenta.
- Serve with cauli-mash if you are paleo/banting!