Super Green Super Food Super Soup!
IT’S ALMOST SPRING!!!!! Ok so just for the last few weeks of cold (especially to my homies in Cape Town – Kyla this one’s especially for you!) I made a soup. But not just ANY soup. A SUPER SOUP! A super green super soup. It’s just SUPER.
Seriously, you’re getting all the greens you need in one dose, PLUS it’s tasty. So I would advise that you make this soup. All day errrrreday. Okay maybe not ALL day every day cause you might actually TURN GREEN. But at least once before Spring arrives! Ok deal? Deal!
May the force of the super green super soup be with you all.
- 1 300g packet of broccoli florets
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 300g baby marrows
- About 100g baby spinach leaves (1/3 of a packet)
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Juice of one orange
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Hefty pinch of salt
- 4 leeks, chopped
- Pinch of dried parsley
- 6 cups veggie stock
- Extra water as needed (depending on desired thickness of soup)
- Fry the onions and garlic together.
- Add the broccoli florets and cook together until beginning to soften, then add chopped baby marrow and leeks.
- De-stalk the thyme, parsley and add to the pot along with the salt.
- Add the spinach leaves and stock. Last add the bay leaves, citrus juices and stir together.
- Leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take off the heat and blend with a stick blender until smooth.