Vegan Protein Chocolate Mousse
So this recipe was inspired by 2 awesome vegan friends who have made this chocolate mousse before. I have added some protein (l-glutamine which is good for gut health, muscle recovery and is immunomodulatory), basically so that I can have chocolate mousse as post-workout with my breakfast… Because really – why ever not?! If you are vegan, check your glutamine source, most are wheat-derived, and are gluten-free.
It is dead simple. And drop-dead delicious! I am not vegan, but I respect and value a lot of vegan principles like basing your diet predominantly on plants. Don’t be scared by thinking this is going to taste like avo, it really isn’t!
:) … So here is a “mid-week-I-need-chocolate-pick-me-up”!
- 2 ripe avocado pears
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup hemp milk (you can use soy or almond or any milk substitute)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or essence
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (I used honey)
- 2 tsp l-glutamine (free form) = the white powder you see in the pictures
- A dash of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- Literally put all of the above into a bowl and blend until smooth and creamy. Chill in the fridge until cool and serve with whatever toppings you like. You won't be sorry! ❤